If it is one of your dreams to be able to play softball to the next level, then it is best that you understand everything involving college softball recruiting. Getting into the college level means you will be competing with a number of softball players all over the country.
By making sure that the softball coaches in college know you and your willingness to help their program, it will help you to increase your chance of playing at the college level. For those softball players who are performing well and have already achieved a mark in this particular sport, recruitment can happen even without their making so much effort about it. However, for others who are struggling to be noticed or recruited, there are certain steps that may be able to help you improve your chance at playing in college, which include:
- Contact college coaches early on.
- Determine the exact place of college where you may be interested to play.
- Create your own athletic resume.
- Get a few exposures by participating in any softball events.
- Promote yourself properly to college coaches.
All these steps are necessary to help the athletes achieve their goals in being able to join the college level. College softball recruiting can be tough since it is competitive, but doing your part to elevate your chance at being recruited may help.
Because there are several colleges that require competent softball players, you may have a chance to get recruited. However, you need to know how and where do these schools look for their players?
- Schools look for players at any showcase events and camps.
- They attend USSSA or AAU tournaments to look for good players.
- They receive recommendations from coaches in high school.
- They are interested to get to know a few athletes since they market themselves to college coaches.
The schools with players who participate in the national championship every year have budget for college softball recruiting to look around the whole nation; and, the budget to be used for finding great players may be unlimited. There are also those schools which do not have sufficient recruiting budget and with limited number of players to choose from. Here, they may be able to consider you on their list if they know you.
Filed under: Uncategorized