The most important thing in planning a memorable bicycle trip is to make it a fun while planning. If you do not enjoy planning a trip then you are not going in the right way. You may even disappoint yourself going to a place which is not at all for cycling! To all the riders out there planning is equally enjoyable as the trip itself. So get ready and follow the check list below to make a successful trip plan for cycling.
- First arrange a road map of the place, it should be updated and preferably be a topographic and weather map. You can also get a dedicated GPS navigation device but do not rely on mobile GPS because you may not find mobile network in a remote place.
- Now it is the time to plan your trip regarding your endurance level. You fist assess you capability of cycling per day and accordingly choose a place perfect for your level of skill and fitness.
- Take appropriate decisions regarding where do you stay during the trip. If it is a hotel, then make advance reservations to be sure of finding rooms. If you prefer to spend the nights in camps then contact any camping service in that area and book accordingly.
- If you are going by car and do not want to take all the burdens all by yourself then invite your friends to join you in the trip! It always works.
- Plan your trip route in advance. Make two or three alternative routes. You can take help from any touring agent to recommend the best routes in that place.
- This is very crucial for your safety. Contact the transport department of the place and get information on any road blockages or shoulders and delicate roads that are difficult for rides. Avoid the routes they do not want you to go.
- Before starting your trip, get information from the local weather department about the wind forecast of your selected route. You are advised to stay away if there is a storm warning. And do not pedal ever facing the wind; it will suck all your energy in the first few minutes of the run
- Always make a trip planning by giving a rest day after each long run. It will reenergize you for the next day.
- Plan your night rests in a safe place like at the base camp of a peak and not at the top of it.
- Take some cycle repairing tools, extra batteries, LED lights and all the other necessary accessories with you. You can also ask the tour guide about the water, food and repair shop spots during your trip.
All these basics will certainly help you to go out on a memorable bicycle trip. But one important thing is left to tell you. Consider purchasing a bicycle insurance policy for your bicycle before going to such trips. It will save your money if anything bad happens to your ride. There are many insurance companies who offer bicycle trip insurance and covers almost anything during the trip.